All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionState Level Public Enterprises (SLPEs) contribute 11 per cent to India's GDP and occupy a central place in the ecomic reforms process of the country. As per the Medium Term Fiscal Plan of the Government of Karnataka, performance measures identified to improve the performance of the SLPEs include phasing out revenue deficit, reducing fiscal deficit and budgetary support, restructuring the enterprises to generate more profits, etc. The policy framed by the Department of Public Enterprise, Government of Karnataka, to sustain ecomic growth through private partnerships and to reduce financial burden on the state exchequer on account of the SLPEs has been discussed in this volume. Eight case studies in the book present a balanced view of the theory and practice of the SLPEs in Karnataka.
- Author BiographyRam Kumar Mishra , Director, Institute of Public Enterprise (IPE), Hyderabad, India is a graduate from the International Management Programme, SDA Bocconi, Milan, Italy, and a fellow of the British Council and the Commonwealth Secretariat. He has been working on key assignments with Indian government including the Performance Management Division, Cabinet Secretariat, Ministries of HRD, Power, Trade and Commerce, Heavy Industry & Public Enterprises, and Finance (Department of Disinvestment). He has also been a researcher for Planning Commission, Finance Commission, Prime Minister's Economic Advisory Council, State Bureaus of Public Enterprises, financial institutions and banks. He has supervised more than 70 doctoral researchers and his current areas of interest include: performance management, corporate finance, corporate governance, restructuring, economic reforms, social sector management and good governance. S. S. Subrahmanyam has over 37 years of industrial, financial, venture capital and consulting experience, out of which last 22 years had been in senior and middle management positions. He was associated with a large public finance institution as an executive dealing with business promotion, entrepreneurial selection, project appraisals, venture capital funding, equity balancing, budgeting, strategic planning, project management, taxation policies and procedures, mergers & acquisitions - to mention a few, apart from other routine senior management functions such as people management, performance appraisals, build and motivate teams, etc. He has also worked at a leading public sector machine tool company dealing with production, planning, operations management, methods engineering, systems analysis, etc. During his tenure of around 17 years at Andhra Pradesh Industrial Development Corporation (APIDC, a State Government owned financial institution), he had been closely associated with innumerable and varied clientele in different traditional sectors - industry and trade, finance, health care, infrastructural sectors - power, telecommunications, energy - and high technology sectors - software, biotechnology. Presently, he is working for IPE as a Senior Consultant providing expertise for design and implementation & training.
- PublisherAcademic Foundation
- Date of Publication30/03/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationGhaziabad
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintAcademic Foundation
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byRam Kumar Mishra,S. S. Subrahmanyam
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.