All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe issue of performance measurement in the leisure industry is increasingly important, from both theoretical (academic) and applied (practitioner) perspectives. Managers need accurate indications of how their organisations are performing, to inform their decisions. Policymakers need an evidence base for their decisions regarding public leisure services. Students and researchers in leisure management are increasingly turning their attention to the principles and evidence of performance measurement, as an aid to management decision-making. The chapters in this text each present a different case study of performance measurement. They cover a wide range of sectors in the leisure industry including public recreation centres, theme parks, play facilities, sport organisations, hospitality, and the Olympic Games. The evidence from these cases covers examples from three different continents and five different countries. All the chapters report empirical research and all the cases explore managerial implications. However, results are presented with clearly explained statistical analysis, which can be easily understood by a n-academic audience. The book will be useful for leisure management students, researchers and practitioners. The chapters provide both reviews of the relevant literature and propose new measurement models based on original data. This book was previously published as a special issue of Managing Leisure.
- Author BiographyKonstantinos Alexandris is an Assistant Professor in Leisure Management at Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki, Greece, and a part-time Faculty Member at the Open University, Greece. He also holds an Adjunct Faculty Member status at the University of Illinois, Department of Recreation, Sport and Tourism, USA. He conducts research in the area of service quality and consumer behavior in relation to sport and leisure services.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight323 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byKonstantinos Alexandris
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.