Performance Modeling and Engineering by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Hardback, 2008)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the fast development of networking and software techlogies, information processing infrastructure and applications have been growing at an impressive rate in both size and complexity, to such a degree that the design and development of high performance and scalable data processing systems and networks have become an ever-challenging issue. As a result, the use of performance modeling and m- surementtechniquesas a critical step in designand developmenthas becomea c- mon practice. Research and developmenton methodologyand tools of performance modeling and performance engineering have gained further importance in order to improve the performance and scalability of these systems. Since the seminal work of A. K. Erlang almost a century ago on the mod- ing of telephone traf c, performance modeling and measurement have grown into a discipline and have been evolving both in their methodologies and in the areas in which they are applied. It is teworthy that various mathematical techniques were brought into this eld, including in particular probability theory, stochastic processes, statistics, complex analysis, stochastic calculus, stochastic comparison, optimization, control theory, machine learning and information theory. The app- cation areas extended from telephone networks to Internet and Web applications, from computer systems to computer software, from manufacturing systems to s- ply chain, from call centers to workforce management.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/05/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note49 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, biography
- Weight509 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byCathy H. Xia,Zhen Liu
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $20.09Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.