All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you want to sail fast to beat an approaching weather system, get into port before dark or beat your competitors over the line, everyone needs to kw how to sail their boats at peak performance at some point. In this highly practical book, sailing instructor and veteran racer Steve Colgate explains the secrets of better boat speed - how to 'read' the sails to achieve the most efficient sail shape for maximum performance, what exactly to look for when trimming, what makes for good boat handling, helpful tips on racing tactics, plus many more factors that will enable you to sail your boat better and faster: * what to look for when trimming a sail * how best to set a spinnaker * understand polar diagrams * judge the winds in your path * reduce the drag on your hull * avoid oversteering * igre distractions to your concentration Packed with clear, friendly practical tips you can use on the water, this is the book that will give you the kwledge to sail faster - whether it's to win the next race or get into harbour quicker.
- Author BiographySteve Colgate is CEO of the Colgate Sailing School based in Florida, which he founded in 1964. He has taught thousands of people to improve their sailing skills. Steve learned to sail at 9, did his first transatlantic race aged 19, and has been racing at the highest levels of the sport ever since, with 2 America's Cup trials, 20 Newport to Bermuda races, 7 Fastnet races, the Olympics and 6 transatlantic races to his name.
- Author(s)Steve Colgate
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAdlard Coles Nautical
- Content NoteFull colour illustrations throughout
- Weight306 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.