All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCities, with their rising populations and complex configurations, have become key symbols of a fast-changing modernity. This timely collection gathers together various urban writings from a range of relevant disciplines, including architecture, geography, sociology, visual art, ethgraphy and psychoanalysis. Its focus, however, is performance. Underscoring the importance of the field, it shows how performance functions as a dynamic, interdisciplinary mechanism which is central t only to understanding the multiplicity of urban living but also to the way the identities of cities are shaped. Gathering together key writings on the city and performance by authors ranging from Walter Benjamin to Tim Etchells to Carl Lavery, the reader can be navigated in any number of ways. Supported by extensive introductory material, it will be essential and evocative reading for anyone interested in making connections between performance and urban life.
- Author BiographyNICOLAS WHYBROW is Associate Professor of Theatre and Performance Studies at the University of Warwick, UK. He is the author of Street Scenes, linking Brechtian and Benjaminian ideas to an experience of contemporary Berlin, and Art and the City (I.B.Tauris, 2009).
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication25/05/2010
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note15 black & white line drawings, 63 black & white halftones
- Weight515 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byNicolas Whybrow
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.