Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionMike Parr is Australia's most significant performance artist. His contribution to the development and establishment of performance art in Australia remains continuous and resolute. Parr's dedication and research into the boundaries of performance art within the parameters of art history and theory are unprecedented. At the forefront of performance art in Australia in 1970, Parr explored areas far removed from mainstream visual culture at the time. Despite the contempt, he persevered, remaining true to his practice. This long awaited book pays homage to Parr's achievements and is an essential admission into Australia's cultural memory. Compiled by the artist, this first hand account includes an extraordinary array of photographic documentation together with performance scripts and the artist's writings on his work, encapsulating the qualities that have made Mike Parr one of Australia's greatest cultural assets on the world stage. Parr has performed in Switzerland, France, Austria, Italy, USA, Japan, The Philippines, Sweden and throughout Australia since 1973.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- Author(s)Mike Parr
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication11/07/2008
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintSchwartz Publishing Pty Limited
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight3098 g
- Width244 mm
- Height306 mm
- Spine57 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.