All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last three decades of the twentieth century, theatre and drama in Aotearoa/New Zealand have experienced remarkable growth. This groundbreaking anthology of essays and interviews attempts to document the diversity of these multiple dramatic voices and performative dimensions, as they reflect the evolving New Zealand identity in an age of transition moving towards twenty-first century globalization. This comprehensive volume comprises a wide range of chapters focusing on key figures in the development of New Zealand theatre and drama, such as, among others, Robert Lord, Ken Duncum, Gary Henderson, Stephen Sinclair, Hone Kouka, Briar-Grace Smith, Jacob Rajan, Lynda Chanwai-Earle, Nathaniel Lees, and Victor Rodger. It is hoped that this volume will shed light on a hitherto neglected field of the can of English-language drama. By extension, the issues discussed in this anthology will provide new vistas from which to study the postcolonial condition in the wider context of the contemporary Commonwealth.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Marc Maufort is a professor of English-language literatures and drama at the Universite Libre de Bruxelles (Belgium). He has published numerous essays and edited several books on contemporary American and postcolonial drama. His most recent monograph, Transgressive Itineraries: Postcolonial Hybridizations of Dramatic Realism (P.I.E. Peter Lang, 2003), offers a comparative study of contemporary Canadian, Australian, and New Zealand drama. David O Donnell, a graduate of the University of Otago and Toi Whakaari: New Zealand Drama School, is a senior lecturer in theatre at Victoria University of Wellington. He has published extensively on New Zealand and Pacific drama and is also an award-winning director whose productions include several premieres of recent New Zealand plays.
- PublisherEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleDramaturgies Textes, Cultures et Representations Texts, Cultures and Performances
- Series Part/Volume Number22
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Content Note16 ill.
- Weight650 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byDavid O'Donnell,Marc Maufort
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.