All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a remarkable set of linked essays on the African American male experience. Alexander picks a number of settings that highlight Black male interaction, sexuality, and identity_the student-teacher interaction, the black barbershop, drag queen performances, the funeral eulogy. From these he builds a theory of Black masculine identity using auto-ethgraphy and ideas of performance as his base.
- Author BiographyBryant Keith Alexander teaches in the departments of Communication and Liberal Studies at California State University, Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Bryant Keith Alexander
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication24/07/2006
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleCrossroads in Qualitative Inquiry
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width183 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.