All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an investigation of the cultural work involved in the social process of achieving and maintaining legitimacy as a t-for-profit arts or media organization in the twenty-first century. Within this work, Larsen advances an approach to studying organizational legitimacy, emanating from within cultural sociology. More specifically, he analyzes the legitimation work done in public service broadcasters in the Scandinavian countries of Norway, Sweden, and Denmark, the Norwegian National Opera and Ballet, the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra, and the Metropolitan Opera in New York City.
- Author BiographyHakon Larsen is a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Department of Sociology and Human Geography, University of Oslo, Norway. He is also a Faculty Fellow at the Center for Cultural Sociology, Yale University, USA.
- Author(s)Hakon Larsen
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication26/08/2016
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Notebiography
- Weight339 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.