All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is The Zone? The Zone is intangible. It is that ideal - that place - that state of mind - where performing is easy, your actions are effortless, and your results exceed all expectations. Actors, musicians, public speakers, dancers, models, sports-people, entertainers, and singers - we're all performers. We all receive training, practise for countless hours, enter the performance environment, and sooner or later, for better or for worse, we get affected by the performance situation. We experience performance arousal - a phemen which can either get us into The Zone or cause devastating performance anxiety. So what really is performance arousal? How can you better understand it? How can you control your performance arousal instead of letting it control you? With Performing in The Zone, you too can discover the secrets of performance arousal and unleash your true performing potential! You too can perform in The Zone!
- Author BiographyOriginally from New Zealand, Jon Gorrie was taught the art of classical trumpet playing by several renowned master teachers including Howard Snell. His musical endeavours have taken him to all four corners of the world with professional solo, chamber, orchestral, and operatic performances in recent years in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Iceland. Jon is a professional trumpet player, conductor, composer/arranger, brass pedagogue, and mental trainer/coach with many student success stories. He has also been active as an educational advisor for institutions of higher learning. Jon is fluent in English, Swedish, Norwegian, reads Danish, and holds several formal qualifications and titles.
- Author(s)Jon Gorrie
- Date of Publication03/07/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.81Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.