All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this interdisciplinary volume, contributors analyze the expression of Latina/o cultural identity through performance. With music, theater, dance, visual arts, body art, spoken word, performance activism, fashion, and street theater as points of entry, contributors discuss cultural practices and the fashoning of identity in Lati/a communities throughout the US. Examining the areas of crossover between Latin and American cultures gives new meaning to the tion of borderlands. This volume features senior scholars and up-and-coming academics from cultural, visual, and performance studies, folklore, and ethmusicology.
- Author BiographyArturo J. Aldama is Associate Professor of Latino and Ethnic Studies, University of Colorado at Boulder. Chela Sandoval is former Chair and Associate Professor of Critical Theory in the Department of Chicana and Chicano Studies at University of California, Santa Barbara. Peter J. Garcia is Associate Professor of Chicana/o Studies and Musics at California State University, Northridge.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication25/09/2012
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note27 b&w illus.
- Weight681 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byArturo J. Aldama,Chela Sandoval,Peter J. Garcia
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.