All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'I've long wished perfumery to be taken seriously as an art, and for scent critics to be as fierce as opera critics, and for the wearers of certain fragrances to be hissed in public, while others are cheered. This year has brought Perfumes: The Guide by Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez, which I breathed in, rather than read, in one delighted gulp.' Hilary Mantel, Guardian Perfumes: The Guide is the culmination of Turin's lifelong obsession and rare scientific flair and Sanchez's stylish and devoted blogging about every scent that she's ever loved and loathed. Together they make a fine and utterly persuasive argument for the unrecognised craft of perfume-making. Perfume writing has certainly never been this honest, compelling or downright entertaining.
- Author BiographyLUCA TURIN is the man who perfume-lovers openly adore. He's the author of The Secret of Scent (Faber, 2006). His top-rated perfume is Guerlain's Mitsouko. TANIA SANCHEZ is journalist and a perfume collector and expert from New York. Her personal perfume collection numbers almost 2000 bottles. They are married and divide their time between Boston and London.
- Author(s)Luca Turin,Tania Sanchez
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/2009
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfile Books Ltd
- Weight783 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.