All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStranded in orbit, with way home before the air runs out... A veteran pilot flying a revolutionary spaceplane, A media mogul on an urgent mission halfway around the world, And an aerospace legend fighting to save his legacy, in the face of a government that would stand aside to let it be destroyed. At hypersonic speed, Arthur Hammond's fleet of Clipper spaceplanes has become the premium choice for high-flying travel, placing every corner of the globe within a few hours' reach. But when the line's flagship is marooned in space with a load of VIP clients, its crew must fight to stay alive kwing that help may never arrive. As they struggle with failing life support and increasingly desperate passengers, their colleagues back on Earth scramble to mount an audacious rescue. A contentious mix of old airline hands and NASA veterans, they will face shocking betrayals in a battle to save their friends. In this race against time, Hammond must confront an onslaught of horrendous press, nitpicking bureaucrats, and dubious financiers - all of them pawns in a larger game, with his business empire as the prize. Amid a spreading web of industrial espionage, he may find the truth to be worse than imagined. And in space, one man will discover that escape may demand a terrible sacrifice. Reviewers have called it a real barn-burner and the best darned 'sci-fi' vel I've read in years. PERIGEE opens the next chapter in air and space travel, where ordinary people will accomplish extraordinary things.
- Author BiographyPatrick Chiles has been fascinated by airplanes, rockets, and spaceflight ever since he was a little kid growing up in South Carolina. Fascination morphed into obsession when he witnessed the final Apollo/Saturn launches in person. How he ended up as an English major in college is still a mystery, though he managed to overcome this self-inflicted handicap to pursue a career in aviation. He is a graduate of The Citadel, a Marine Corps veteran, and is licensed as a private pilot and airline dispatcher. In addition to his novels, he has written for aviation magazines including Smithsonian's Air & Space. He resides in Ohio as an expatriate Southerner with his wife and sons, two lethargic dachshunds, and a bovine cat.
- Author(s)Patrick Chiles
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication16/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.