All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $178.29Trending at AU $199.99
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.55
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.30
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.88
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.70
About this product
- DescriptionAfter a shipwreck in 1809, Peter finds himself the victim of amnesia. The sea captain who finds the teenager gives him the only name he kws, while others derisively dub him Peter No-Name. Eventually, Peter finds employment in a Montreal tavern where he meets a French voyageur called Boulard who changes his life irrevocably. Boulard works for fur trader David Thompson, soon to become one of the world's most famous explorers and mapmakers. Thompson is impressed with the teenager and enlists him in his obsessive quest to establish an overland rthwest passage to the Pacific Ocean via the Columbia River. With Thompson, Peter embarks on an amazing series of adventures that brings him face to face with hostile Natives and exposes him to the hardships and life-threatening challenges of formidable mountains and primeval forests as the intrepid outdoorsmen cae, ride, and sled across a continent still largely untouched by European civilization.
- Author BiographyB.J. Bayle's first children's novel, Mystery at Meander Lake, made Canadian Living's Recommended Reading List. Her second book, Trail of Fire, was shortlisted for the Alberta Writing for Children Competition. Battle Cry at Batoche, her bestselling novel about the 1885 North-West Rebellion, is also available from Dundurn. She lives in Cochrane, Alberta.
- Author(s)B. J. Bayle
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication03/12/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Weight180 g
- Width133 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.