All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPerinatal Depression among Spanish-Speaking and Latin American Women A Global Perspective on Detection and Treatment Sandraluz Lara-Cinisomo and Katherine Leah Wisner, editors As more is kwn about postpartum depression, the more it is recognized as a global phemen. Yet despite the large numbers, information about this condition as experienced by Spanish speaking women and Latinas has t always been easy to come by. Perinatal Depression among Spanish-Speaking and Latin American Women focuses on four diverse Latina populations (Mexico, Chile, Spain, and U.S.) to analyze key similarities and differences within this large and wide-ranging group. This first-of-its-kind reference reviews current research on the topic, including prevalence, screening methods, interventions, and--of particular salience for this population--barriers to care. Findings on psychoeducation, assessment tools, and cognitive-behavioral and other forms of therapy provide important insights into best practices, and continuity of care. And psychosocial, cultural, and linguistic considerations in working with Latinas are described in depth for added clinical usefulness. This landmark volume: * Outlines characteristics of Spanish-speaking women and Latinas screened for postpartum depression* Introduces the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale, English and Spanish versions, and reviews their use with Latina women* Compares postpartum depression and health behaviors in Spanish and Latina immigrant mothers* Offers streamlined assessment-to-intervention models* Provides two in-depth case studies illustrating cultural factors influencing the treatment of Latinas with perinatal depression.* Presents an instructive firsthand account of postpartum depression. Between its thorough coverage of the issues and its invative clinical ideas, Perinatal Depression among Spanish-Speaking and Latin American Women has a wealth of information of interest to researchers and practitioners in maternal and child health, obstetrics/gynecology, mental health, and women's health.
- Author BiographySandraluz Lara-Cinisomo, Ph.D., is currently a postdoctoral fellow at University North Carolina (UNC) at Chapel Hill in the School of Medicine where she is learning about biomarkers associated with perinatal depression. Dr. Lara-Cinisomo's research focuses on English and Spanish-speaking Latina mothers. Prior to joining UNC, Dr. Lara-Cinisomo was an assistant professor at the University North Carolina at Charlotte and a researcher at the RAND Corporation. Her research includes qualitative and quantitative methods. Katherine L. Wisner MD, M.S., is the Norman and Helen Asher Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and Obstetrics and Gynecology and Director, Asher Center for the Study and Treatment of Depressive Disorders, Department of Psychiatry, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois. Dr. Wisner is board-certified in general and child and adolescent psychiatry. Her main focus is research related to the psychiatric treatment of women of childbearing age. She is internationally recognized as an expert in the treatment of mood disorders during pregnancy and the postpartum period
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables, biography
- Weight266 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byKatherine Leah Wisner,Sandraluz Lara-Cinisomo
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.