All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionPerioperative Medicine uses a concise, highly practical, bulleted format designed to ensure rapid comprehension of key concepts and reinforce the reader's understanding of complex topics in perioperative medicine. It contains authoritative, up-to-date coverage of the most essential concepts in perioperative care from preoperative risk assessment to postoperative follow-up. The Editor and his contributors use their expert insight and experience to provide an in-depth review of comorbid conditions, patient and surgery-specific risk assessment, and common postoperative complications. This new book reviews recent developments in the field, including published guidelines, and emphasizes an evidence-based, cost-effective approach designed to ensure quality, patient safety, and optimal outcomes. It is intended for use by hospitalists, general internists and subspecialists as well as anesthesiologists, surgeons, and residents in training who are caring for patients before and after surgery.
- Author BiographyDr. Cohn is a Clinical Professor of Medicine and former Chief of the Division of General Internal Medicine at the State University of New York - Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn. He is also the Director of the Preoperative Medical Consultation Clinic and Medical Consultation Service at Kings County Hospital Center, responsible for education and supervision of senior medical residents in both in-patient and ambulatory care settings, and chairs the Medicine Performance Improvement Committee at University Hospital of Brooklyn. After receiving his MD from the University of Monterrey, Dr. Cohn completed his residency in internal medicine at SUNY - Downstate Medical Center. He is a fellow of the American College of Physicians and is a member of the Society of General Internal Medicine and the Society of Hospital Medicine. His clinical and research interests are focused on perioperative medicine, particularly cardiac risk evaluation and management and venous thromboembolic disease. Dr. Cohn is a frequently requested grand rounds speaker and has presented research findings and coordinated educational workshops at numerous national professional meetings (ACP, SGIM, SHM) and seminars, served as the Guest Editor for the Medical Clinics of North America, and written book chapters and articles that have appeared in peer-reviewed journals including the Annals of Internal Medicine and Journal of Hospital Medicine. He is also the editor of a book entitled Perioperative Medicine - Just the Facts (McGraw Hill, 2006) and the section editor for medical consultation in a new textbook, Comprehensive Hospital Medicine (Elsevier, 2007). Dr. Cohn has been named in Castle Connolly's Top Doctors in the New York Metro area annually since 1997.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication19/07/2011
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 6 colour illustrations, 35 black & white tables
- Weight890 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited bySteven L. Cohn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.