All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis case book is the ideal text for Operating Department Practitioners (ODPs), as well as student ODPs and nurses preparing to work in perioperative care. Delivering individualised, holistic and evidence-based care can be challenging in the perioperative setting, requiring the practitioner to apply specialist clinical kwledge to each individual patient. This text presents 21 interactive case studies that will support the reader in assimilating a wide range of professional kwledge in order to develop a comprehensive plan of care for patients they encounter. The practical cases: * Demonstrate how care will vary depending on the patient's physiological assessment and their personal, social, cultural and emotional needs * Will consolidate the reader's learning around pathophysiology, pharmacology, assessment skills and clinical skills * Include common clinical procedures as well as those that are more complex and require a deeper analysis of the evidence in order to improve patient care. * Use Stop and Think boxes to encourage readers to reflect on key points within the case study, in order to develop their own kwledge and assist in their CPD This text will support all learners, at both pre- and post-registration level as they develop their kwledge of perioperative care. Its goal is to help the practitioner deliver excellent and confident care in perioperative practice and in other healthcare settings.
- Author BiographyHannah Abbott is an Operating Department Practitioner with both clinical and academic experience, having held both teaching and senior leadership roles in Higher Education Institutes. She is currently an Associate Professor and Associate Head of School at Birmingham City University, UK, and the Vice President of the College of Operating Department Practitioners (CODP). Stephen Wordsworth is an Operating Department Practitioner who has held a number of teaching and senior leadership roles in a number of Universities. He is currently Professor and Deputy Dean in the Faculty of Health, Education and Social Care at Anglia Ruskin University, UK, and a registrant Council Member of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Author(s)Hannah Abbott,Stephen Wordsworth
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2016
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Width67 mm
- Height94 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.52Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.