All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNearly one in fifteen people-that's 20 million people in the United States-suffers from peripheral neuropathy, or nerve damage. Caused by such conditions as diabetes, cancer, vitamin deficiencies, and kidney disease as well as certain drugs and toxins, neuropathy brings numbness, tingling, and burning in the feet, legs, and fingertips. Neuropathy can be more than uncomfortable-it can be disabling: people whose fingertips are numb may find it hard to button clothing and complete other everyday tasks. Neuropathy is often dangerous, as well: people who cant feel their feet are more likely to stumble and fall, and they may t tice injuries that need medical attention. Dr. Janice F. Wiesman, a neurologist with twenty years of experience helping people who have neuropathy find relief, shares her special insights into this painful and debilitating condition. With exceptional clarity, Dr. Wiesman begins by outlining the basics of nerve anatomy and function. She explains how peripheral neuropathy is diagsed and treated, describes neuropathy's disparate causes, and offers readers lifestyle changes that can help keep nerves healthy. A useful glossary defines terms, patient stories offer real-world experiences, and illustrations provide a visual key to the condition. A detailed resources section points the reader to reliable web sites and organizations that offer more help. Concentrating on the most common types of neuropathy, Dr. Wiesman provides hope, help, and comfort to patients, families, and caregivers.
- Author BiographyJanice F. Wiesman, MD, FAAN, is an associate clinical professor of neurology at New York University School of Medicine and an adjunct assistant professor of neurology at Boston University School of Medicine.
- Author(s)Janice F. Wiesman
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleA Johns Hopkins Press Health Book
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note5, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.