All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an interpretive analysis of transatlantic security relations from the preparation of the North Atlantic Treaty to the Obama administration. In Permanent Alliance? Stanley R. Sloan discusses the global trends that are changing the environment for transatlantic relations, such as European integration, global security, emerging powers, and the role of the United States as a world leader. A completely updated and refocused version of Sloan's previous work, NATO, the European Union, and the Atlantic Community, the book w examines whether NATO has become the 'permanent alliance' about which President George Washington warned or if it is nearing the end of its utility. Permanent Alliance? links historical development with contemporary issues and relationships, discussing such topics as the permanence of the alliance, NATO missions, nuclear strategy and missile defense, relationship with the EU, the crisis in the alliance during the George W. Bush administration, and the challenges faced by the Obama administration. A significant contribution to the literature, the book will be a key text for anyone studying and researching transatlantic security relations and international relations.
- Author BiographyStanley R. Sloan is the founding Director of the Atlantic Community Initiative, a Visiting Scholar at the Rohatyn Center for International Affairs at Middlebury College, VT, and President of VIC-Vermont, a private consulting firm. Dr. Sloan has lectured widely on US foreign and security policy and Euro-Atlantic security issues in Europe and in the US. He is an internationally recognized expert on defense and foreign policy, with over thirty years of experience as a government foreign and security policy analyst.
- Author(s)Stanley R. Sloan
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication16/09/2010
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight452 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.