All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a book for reference and revision, especially for those in the early stages of studying the Persian language. It uses the official reformed spelling, and gives attention to handwriting, educated standard and educated colloquial pronunciation, and the important polite forms. The grammar is explained with copious examples, all shown both in Persian script and in Roman transliteration. The grammatical themes are grouped logically, and there are cross-references, appendices and a subject index to facilitate the search for the right form.
- Author BiographyJohn Mace studied at Oxford University. He has worked as a British Council lecturer in Iran, in the Diplomatic Service, as a personnel officer in the Middle East, and as a European Commission Delegate. He has written Persian, Arabic and German language manuals, and a verse translation of Russian poetry.
- Author(s)John Mace
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/08/2002
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.