All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClint Eastwood represents probably the single strongest icon of heroic masculinity in popular cinema over the past quarter-century. But how odd that, through ironic allusion and gesture, this figure seems continually to deconstruct its own stature. Such problems form the foundation for Bill Beard's examination of Eastwood. Director, producer, and star, Eastwood has become one of the most important figures in American cinema today. This collection of linked essays examines Eastwood's unique position as overpowering cinematic icon and creative filmmaker; as reflector, perpetuator, and even producer of mainstream cultural and ideological values; and as idiosyncratic, complex manipulator of the narrative he inhabits.
- Author BiographyWilliam Beard is Professor of Film/Media Studies at the University of Alberta. He is author of Persistence of Double Vision: Essays on Clint Eastwood and The Artist As Monster: The Cinema of David Cronenberg.
- Author(s)William Beard
- PublisherUniversity of Alberta Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2000
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationAlberta
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Alberta Press
- Weight310 g
- Width139 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.