All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe person-centred approach is one of the most popular, enduring and respected approaches to psychotherapy and counselling. Person-Centred Therapy returns to its original formulations to define it as radically different from other self-oriented therapies. Keith Tudor and Mike Worrall draw on a wealth of experience as practitioners, a deep kwledge of the approach and its history, and a broad and inclusive awareness of other approaches. This significant contribution to the advancement of person-centred therapy: * Examines the roots of person-centred thinking in existential, phemelogical and organismic philosophy. * Locates the approach in the context of other approaches to psychotherapy and counselling. * Shows how recent research in areas such as neuroscience support the philosophical premises of person-centred therapy. * Challenges person-centred therapists to examine their practice in the light of the history and philosophical principles of the approach. Person-Centred Therapy offers new and exciting perspectives on the process and practice of therapy, and will encourage person-centred practitioners to think about their work in deeper and more sophisticated ways.
- Author BiographyKeith Tudor is a Director of Temenos and its Postgraduate Diploma/MSc in Person-Centred Psychotherapy & Counselling. He is also an Honorary Lecturer in the School of Health, Liverpool John Moores University. Mike Worrall is a person-centred counsellor and supervisor in independent practice in Oxford.
- Author(s)Keith Tudor,Mike Worrall
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/02/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleAdvancing Theory in Therapy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.