Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionAn essential new guide for any person-centred trainee or practitioner, this book explores some of the key contemporary counselling and psychotherapy approaches that have developed from classical client-centred therapy. Part One discusses five approaches including Classic Client-Centred Therapy; Relational and Dialogical Person-Centred Therapy; Focusing-Oriented Therapy; Experiential Therapy; Emotion Focussed Therapy and Person-Centred Expressive therapy. Each approach is introduced, considered in terms of its history, development, current context and relevant research, as well as exemplified through a range of inspiring vignettes. Part Two brings readers up-to-date with recent developments in the application of person-centred practice, including creative approaches, transcultural counselling, work with people who've experienced trauma as well as those who are experiencing limitations to their ability. Written by leading UK-based and international authors, this authoritative and thought-provoking book is a must read for anyone keen to understand the many approaches of person-centred therapy.
- Author BiographyPaul Wilkins is Senior Lecturer in the Centre for Human Communication, Manchester Metropolitan University. He publications include Personal and Professional Development for Counsellors (London, SAGE Publications), Psychodrama (London, SAGE Publications).
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/11/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byPaul Wilkins
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.