All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is specifically aimed at addressing a gap in the study of the evolution of corporate governance in Britain. In particular its key theme, the relationship between corporate governance and personal capitalism in British manufacturing in the first half of the twentieth century, provides the means for a systematic and critical examination of the dominant Chandlerian paradigm that the long-running persistence of personal capitalism shaped the governance of British manufacturing firms well into the twentieth century and acted to erode their competitive performance. The book helps to identify those aspects of corporate governance that have undergone change, with some critical observations on the magnitude of change and those aspects which have displayed characteristics of continuity. The empirical spine of this book is set out in a series of case studies which provide the basis for the examination of corporate governance in Britain during the period c. 1900 to 1950. By focusing particularly on the responses of a range of businesses to the turbulent environment of the inter-war years, this volume offers an insight into a much neglected, yet vital, area of business and ecomic history.
- Author BiographyDr Myrddin John Lewis and Professor Roger Lloyd-Jones teach at Sheffield Hallam University, UK. Dr Mark David Matthews is a former Leverhulme research assistant at Sheffield Hallam University. Professor Josephine Maltby teaches at the University of York, UK.
- Author(s)Josephine Maltby,Mark David Matthews,Myrddin John Lewis,Roger Lloyd-Jones
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2005
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteincludes 39 tables
- Weight618 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor Derek H. Aldcroft
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.