All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn her acclaimed Women of the Otherworld series, Kelley Armstrong has created a scintillating realm where the supernatural and the human coexist on the edge of darkness, romance, and eternity. Personal Demon, the eighth Otherworld book, is ather wickedly entertaining tale of a young woman with an insatiable lust for danger. She can't help it; it's in her blood.Tabloid reporter Hope Adams appears to live the life of an ordinary working girl. But, in addition to possessing the beauty of a Bollywood princess, Hope has other unique traits. For she is a half-demon-a human fathered by a demon. And she has inherited t only a gift for seeing the past but a hunger for chaos-along with a talent for finding it wherever she can. Naturally, when she's chosen by a very dangerous group for a very dangerous mission, she jumps at the chance.The head of the powerful Cortez Cabal-a family that makes the mob look like amateurs-has a little problem in Miami: a gang of wealthy, bored offspring of supernaturals is getting out of hand, and Hope is needed to infiltrate. As spells, astral projections, and pheromones soar across South Beach, Hope weaves her way through its elite hot spots, posing as upscale eye candy and reading the auras of the clientele-and potential marks.As it turns out, Hope is a little too good at this job, and soon she's in a little too deep, needing to be bailed out by her jewel-thief werewolf ex-boyfriend and by the Cortez heir himself. And when a killer goes to work, Hope is among many targets at the pinnacle of Cabal rule. For a woman who didn't kw what she was getting into, there's only one way out: it's time for Hope to unleash her most potent primal instincts-and open herself, mind and body, to everything she most fears...and desires.Sexy and suspenseful, Personal Demon is a thrill ride through a world on the wild side of our own.
- Author BiographyKelley Armstrong is the bestselling author of a growing series of novels and novellas in the Women of the Otherworld series, the first two of which are Bitten and Stolen. She is also the author of the crime novel Exit Strategy, as well as a number of short stories. Kelley holds a degree in psychology and currently lives in rural Ontario, Canada, with her husband and three children. Laural Merlington has recorded well over one hundred audiobooks, including works by Margaret Atwood and Alice Hoffman, and is the recipient of several AudioFile Earphones Awards. An Audie Award nominee, she has also directed over one hundred audiobooks. She has performed and directed for thirty years in theaters throughout the country. In addition to her extensive theater and voice-over work, Laural teaches college in her home state of Michigan. Todd McLaren was involved in radio for more than twenty years in cities on both coasts, including Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. He left broadcasting for a full-time career in voice-overs, where he has been heard on more than 5,000 TV and radio commercials, as well as TV promos; narrations for documentaries on such networks as A&E, Discovery, and the History Channel; and films, including Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
- Author(s)Kelley Armstrong
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication25/03/2008
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Series TitleWomen of the Otherworld
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 8
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Laural Merlington,Todd Parker McLaren
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time750
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.44
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $48.99Trending at AU $55.34
- AU $31.18Trending at AU $37.14
- AU $18.33Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $14.77Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $45.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.