Personal Investment: Financial Planning in an Uncertain World by Andrew Trigg, Jonquil Lowe, Mariana Mazzucato, Alan Shipman (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $86.88Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $18.63Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPersonal Investment in an Uncertain World aims to provide a sound introduction to personal financial investment. It considers the co-evolution of financial products, markets, regulation and socio-ecomic change. The challenge for individual investors is how best to negotiate this difficult and shifting terrain over a lifetime of varying choices and responsibilities. The purpose of the book is two-fold: to endow the reader with a fundamental kwledge of financial markets; and to equip them with the skills necessary for achieving their financial goals through investments.An expert author team from The Open University uses a sociological perspective to show how people can adapt to the increasing 'financialisation' of their lives, due in a large part to the shift in financial responsibility from the state to the individual. They also highlight the increasing degree to which financial markets, and the various products that are sold in those markets, affect ecomic stability. The book shows how personal investment decisions are located within, and influenced by, a myriad of factors in the wider world of finance and trade, and how available tools and resources can be used effectively to manage personal investments and risk. Key financial principles, practices, instruments and institutions are explained, drawing on a range of international examples and comparative case studies.Companion Website: http: //www.palgrave.com/business/mazzucato/
- Author BiographyMARIANA MAZZUCATO is Professor of Economics of Innovation at The Open University. She is the coordinator of a European Commission collaborative project on Finance, Innovation and Growth, and Director of The Open University's research centre on Innovation, Knowledge and Development. Her work on the relationship between technological innovation and stock price volatility has been published in various journals. She is the author of Firm Size, Innovation and Market Structure: The Evolution of Market Concentration and Instability (Edward Elgar, 2000) and co-editor of Knowledge Accumulation and Industry Evolution: Pharma-Biotech (Cambridge University Press, 2006). JONQUIL LOWE is a Lecturer in Personal Finance at The Open University and a personal finance practitioner, specialising in consumer research and financial capability resources. Her recent book publications include The Pension Handbook (Which?, 2006), Save and Invest (Which?, 2008), The Personal Finance Handbook (Child Poverty Action Group, 2009) and, with Sara Williams, The Financial Times Guide to Personal Tax (Pearson Education, 2009). ALAN SHIPMAN is a Lecturer in Economics at The Open University. A former emerging-markets analyst and consultant, his publications include The Market Revolution (Routledge, 1999), The Globalization Myth (Icon, 2002) and Knowledge Monopolies (Imprint Academic, 2006). ANDREW TRIGG is Senior Lecturer in Economics at The Open University. He is co-editor of Economics and Changing Economies (Thomson, 1996) and Microeconomics: Neoclassical and Institutionalist Perspectives on Economic Behaviour (Thomson, 2001); and author of Marxian Reproduction Schema: Money and Aggregate Demand in a Capitalist Economy (Routledge, 2006).
- Author(s)Alan Shipman,Andrew Trigg,Jonquil Lowe,Mariana Mazzucato
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/03/2010
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1245 g
- Width186 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.