All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIndividuals need to survive and grow in changing and sometimes turbulent organizational environments, while organizations and societies want individuals to have the kwledge, skills and abilities that will enable them to prosper and thrive. Personal Kwledge Management (PKM) is a means of coping with complex environmental changes and developments: it is a form of sophisticated career and life management. Personal Kwledge Management is an evolving concept that focuses on the importance of individual growth and learning as much as on the techlogy and management processes traditionally associated with organizational kwledge management. This book looks at the emergence of PKM from a multi-disciplinary perspective, and its contributors reflect the diverse fields of study that touch upon it. Relatively little research or major conceptual development has so far been focused on PKM, but already significant questions are being asked, such as 'is there an inherent conflict between personal and organizational kwledge management and how best do we harmonize individual and organizational goals?' This book will inform, stimulate and challenge every reader. By delving both deeply and broadly into its subject, the distinguished authors help all those concerned with 'kwledge work' and 'kwledge workers' to see how PKM supports and affects individuals, organizations and society as a whole; to better understand the concepts involved and to benefit from relevant research in this important area.
- Author BiographyDavid J. Pauleen is Associate Professor in the School of Management, Massey University, Auckland, New Zealand and G. E. Gorman is Professor of Information Management in the School of Information Management at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. Both have previously edited or written books on knowledge and information management, emerging work practices, virtual teams and related subjects. Professor Gorman is Editor of Online Information Review and has won awards for his writing in the USA and the UK and been translated into several Asian languages. His research interests embrace SE Asia and the Middle East.
- Author(s)Dr. David J. Pauleen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/02/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGower Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteincludes 23 figures
- Weight802 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byProfessor G. E. Gorman
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.