All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- DescriptionA revision of the leading textbook on personality disorders by rewned expert Theodore Millon Personalities are like impressionistic paintings. At a distance, each person is 'all of a piece'; up close, each is a bewildering complexity of moods, cognitions, and motives. -Theodore Millon Exploring the continuum from rmal personality traits to the diagsis and treatment of severe cases of personality disorders, Personality Disorders in Modern Life, Second Edition is unique in its coverage of both important historical figures and contemporary theorists in the field. Its content spans all the major disorders-Antisocial, Avoidant, Depressive, Compulsive, Histrionic, Narcissistic, Paraid, Schizoid, and Borderline-as well as their many subtypes. Attention to detail and in-depth discussion of the subtleties involved in these debilitating personality disorders make this book an ideal companion to the DSM-IV(TM). Fully updated with the latest research and theory, this important text features:* Discussion of the distinctive clinical features and developmental roots of personality disorders* Balanced coverage of the major theoretical perspectives-biological, psychodynamic, interpersonal, cognitive, and evolutionary* Individual chapters on all DSM-IV(TM) personality disorders and their several subtypes and mixtures* Case studies throughout the text that bring to life the many faces of these disorders Including a new assessment section that singles out behavioral indicators considered to have positive predictive power for the disorders, this Second Edition also includes a special focus on developmental, gender, and cultural issues specific to each disorder. A comprehensive reference suitable for today's practitioners, Personality Disorders in Modern Life, Second Edition features a clear style that also makes it a valuable resource for advanced undergraduate and graduate students. The most thorough book of its kind, this Second Edition is a powerful, practical resource for all trainees and professionals in key mental health fields, such as psychology, social work, and nursing.
- Author BiographyTheodore Millon, PhD, DSc, is one of the world's leading authorities on personality disorders. Developer of the widely used Millon personality assessment inventories, he has been the editor of the Journal of Personality Disorders, President of the International Society for the Study of Personality Disorders, and a key member of the DSM-III(t) and DSM-IV(t) committees on personality disorders. Seth Grossman, PsyD, is a codeveloper of several personality inventories, and coauthor of numerous theoretical, research, and clinical papers with Dr. Millon. Carrie Millon, PhD, is former EAP director of the University of Miami and currently Associate Director of the Institute for Advanced Studies of Personology and Psychopathology (IASPP). Sarah Meagher, PhD, is a research clinician practicing health psychology in the behavior medicine programs of Kaiser Permanente mental health services in California. Rowena Ramnath, PsyD, is a research associate at IASPP and specializes in forensic psychology and Internet addiction.
- Author(s)Carrie M. Millon,Rowena Ramnath,Sarah Meagher,Seth Grossman,Theodore Millon
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/08/2004
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1250 g
- Width189 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.