Personality and Intelligence at Work: Exploring and Explaining Individual Differences at Work by Adrian F. Furnham (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $66.84Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $47.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPersonality and Intelligence at Work examines the increasingly controversial role of individual differences in predicting and determining behaviour at work. It combines approaches from organizational psychology and personality theory to critically examine the physical, psychological and psychoanalytic aspects of individual differences, and how they impact on the world of work. Topics covered include the role of IQ at work as the best predictor of success, but also the importance of increasingly recognized social intelligences such as emotional intelligence (EQ). The significance of personality traits and the impact of temperaments on work performance are also examined, and the methods used to assess work behaviour and potential are reviewed. Psychological tests, which measure personality traits, are questioned as accurate predictors of behaviour at work, alongside other factors such as job satisfaction, productivity, absenteeism and turver. This thoroughly revised and updated edition of Personality at Work provides a comprehensive review of the relevant literature from psychology, sociology and management science. It will be of interest to students of organizational psychology and business and management studies, as well as HR professionals.
- Author BiographyAdrian Furnham is Professor of Psychology at University College London and a fellow of the British Psychological Society. He is on the editorial board of a number of international journals, as well as the current elected president of the International Society for the Study of Individual Differences. He writes regularly for the Sunday Times and the Daily Telegraph and is a regular contributor to BBC radio and television. He believes work is more fun than fun and considers himself to be a well-adjusted workaholic.
- Author(s)Adrian F. Furnham
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/03/2008
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note50 black & white tables, 13 black & white line drawings
- Weight748 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.