All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPersonalization of learning and instruction is the most critical issue facing contemporary education_t state testing or vouchers or even aging schools. Personalization is an attempt on the part of a school to take into account individual student characteristics and needs and flexible instructional practices in organizing the learning environment. This book presents the conceptual rationale for personalizing instruction, provides twenty working strategies to assist schools in redesigning themselves for personalization, and cites specific examples of personalization in the subject disciplines and in selected schools. This second edition expands the discussion on personalization, updates the sections on instructional strategies, assessment, and grade reporting, and cites new developments in the disciplines and in the schools.
- Author BiographyJames W. Keefe, former director of research for the National Association of Secondary School Principals, is an educational consultant and writer, and president of the Learning Environments Consortium International (LEC), a non-profit forum of professors and practitioners committed to systemic school design and the personalization of learning and instruction. He was a high school assistant principal and principal in Downey, California and taught at the University of Southern California and Loyola Marymount University, both in Los Angeles. John M. Jenkins is vice president of the Learning Environments Consortium International (LEC). He was a high school principal for more than four decades and served as the director of the P.K. Yonge Development Research School on the campus of the University of Florida where he also taught graduate courses in school leadership.
- Author(s)James W. Keefe,John M. Jenkins
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication08/02/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.