All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with the essential factors in the personalization of treatment for primary breast cancer. These include host issues, lymph de surgery, radiation therapy, and preoperative systemic treatment requiring specialized kwledge, multidisciplinary care experience, techniques, and research. Locoregional treatment in conjunction with systemic treatments is ather important factor, with options for local therapy significantly affected by genetic BRCA mutation. Axillary treatment issues have become top priorities in recent primary breast cancer care, and these are highlighted in the book's presentation of techlogical advances in lymph de mapping and diagsis, axillary clearance in patients with dal metastasis, and the role of axillary surgery. Attention is also given to locoregional treatment after preoperative systemic therapy. Because therapeutic impact differs depending upon biological characteristics such as tumor subtype, local therapy should be based both on tumor biology and on therapeutic response in parallel. Associated translational research and mathematical prediction tools such as mograms also are introduced. This book provides the essence of primary breast cancer care, particularly its individualization with vel therapeutic concepts and strategies, and will greatly benefit physicians and clinical investigators in breast cancer institutions.
- Author BiographyMasakazu Toi, Professor, Breast Surgery, Kyoto University Eric P Winer, Professor, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School John R Benson, Professor, Cambridge Breast Unit, Cambridge University Suzanne Klimberg, Breast Surgical Oncology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Japan
- Date of Publication21/12/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationTokyo
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Japan
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations, 52 colour illustrations, 50 colour tables, biography
- Weight808 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byEric Winer,John Benson,Masakazu Toi,Suzanne Klimberg
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.