All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGo beyond the horizon with Perspective Sketching. This book offers a command of the basic principles of perspective that is essential to creating dynamic, plausible compositions. With a user-friendly approach, this step-by-step guide will help you master the basics like scale drawing, contour line drawing, linear perspective, tone and texture, and more. Freehand skills like intuitive perspective and concept sketching help you to deepen your technique. Artist and designer Jorge Paricio also includes lessons on working with 3-D modeling in SketchUp and painting in Photoshop and provides a full chapter in blending traditional hand skills with digital media. This effective technique that draws on a broad sense of artistic qualities, coupled with mastering perspective, creates a sketching book unlike any other.
- Author BiographyJorge Paricio was born in Madrid, Spain. He got his Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts in Madrid with the highest GPA in the country and that granted him a full scholarship to Pratt Institute in New York City in 1992, where he obtained his Master's Degree in Industrial Design. In 2004 he obtained his PhD in Fine Arts.i 1/2After his graduation from Pratt, Jorge practiced exhibit design, furniture design, product design and graphic design in New York City, Arizona and Madrid, working for clients like Colgate Palmolive and Sony Electronics.i 1/2He has also taught at the Istituto Europeo di Design, in Madrid, Spain, Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, i 1/2Parson's School of Design in New York, The Art Institute of Colorado in Denver. He is currently a full-time faculty member at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh Online Division where he teaches SketchUp and Rendering and an adjunct faculty member at RISD in the Industrial Design department where he teaches the classes ofi 1/2Design Principles, Drawing for Design and Storytelling in ID.i 1/2He maintains two blogs, www.idrender.com where he teaches how to render in industrial design and www.renderinginteriors.comi 1/2for the benefit of his students and the design community at large.i 1/2In 2008 he set up a painting studio at home in Barrington where he enjoys creating watercolors and drawings of historic buildings and still-life compositions. His work has been exhibited in various galleries in Rhode Island and it can be seen at www.jparicio.com.
- Author(s)Jorge Paricio
- PublisherRockport Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication15/01/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationRockport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRockport Publishers Inc.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width211 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.