All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA thinking person's guide to reality.The science of perspective has informed the representational and decorative arts since their inception, and its gradual perfection during the Renaissance was as important an event as any of the other mathematical and scientific developments of the time. Beginning with the evolution of visual perspective, Phoebe McNaughton reveals how and why illusions work in the first place. Questioning the idea that what we see is actually what is out there, she offers further optical illusions to suggest to readers that the world they perceive is in fact a complex product of their brain, constructed from the sensory data. Closing with various magical, theological, and atmospheric illusions and a further philosophical discussion of the nature of reality, Perspective will appeal widely to artists, designers, architects, and anyone interested in the visual or graphic arts.
- Author BiographyPhoebe McNaughton is an industrial graphic designer and a painter. She lives in England.
- Author(s)Phoebe McNaughton
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing USA
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleWooden Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWalker & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight172 g
- Width153 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.