All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPERSPECTIVES ON AMERICAN POLITICS is a thematically rich reader of current selections containing a wide range of perspectives that illustrate how the American system works. It is organized into four categories: Foundations, American Politics Today, Issue and Controversy, and View from the Inside. Selections reflect dramatic recent developments in American politics such as the 2008 election, the ecomic crisis, and the ongoing controversy over corporate influence in political campaigns. The text's thirteen chapters correspond with the most frequently assigned chapters of American Government textbooks, making it an ideal supplement to any core text.
- Author BiographyWILLIAM LASSER, Alumni Distinguished Professor of Political Science at Clemson University, is a graduate of Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He is the author of numerous books and articles on law and American politics, including The Limits of Judicial Power: The Supreme Court in American Politics (University of North Carolina Press); Benjamin V. Cohen and the Spirit of the New Deal (Yale University Press); The Supreme Court and the Political Process, in The Oxford Companion to the Supreme Court of the United States; and Was There a Switch in Time: Justice Roberts and the Constitutional Revolution of 1937 (Texas Law Review). He has also written extensively for the Atlanta Constitution and other newspapers, and his opinions have been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post, the Christian Science Monitor, U.S. News and World Report, and the National Law Journal. He has appeared on radio talk shows and on local and cable television. Lasser has taught courses in constitutional law and American government for the past 25 years, and in 1993 was the recipient of Clemson's Master Teacher Award.
- Author(s)William Lasser
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2011
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, figures, charts
- Weight542 g
- Width163 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement6th International edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.