All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Department of Defense and the military continually grapple with complex scientific, engineering, and techlogical problems. Defense systems analysis offers a way to reach a clearer understanding of how to approach and think about complex problems. It guides analysts in defining the question, capturing previous work in the area, assessing the principal issues, and understanding how they are linked. The goal of defense systems analysis is t necessarily to find a particular solution but to provide a roadmap to a solution, or an understanding of the relative value of alternative solutions. In this book, experts in the field -- all of them with more than twenty years of experience -- offer insights, advice, and concrete examples to guide practitioners in the art of defense systems analysis. The book describes general issues in systems analysis and analysis protocols in specific defense areas. It offers a useful overview of the process, a discussion of different venues, and practical advice running a study and reporting its results. It discusses red teaming (the search for vulnerabilities that might be exploited by an adversary) and its complement, blue teaming (the search for solutions to kwn shortcomings). It describes real-world defense systems analysis for both traditional and ntraditional areas, including air defense and ballistic missile defense systems, bioterrorism defense, space warfare, and interplanetary communications. Perspectives on Defense Systems Analysis is a very readable resource for analysts and engineers in industry, government, and research.
- Author BiographyWilliam P. Delaney is the Director's Office Fellow and former Assistant Director at MIT Lincoln Laboratory, a former Assistant Director and a former member of the Office of the Secretary of Defense for R&D in Air, Missile and Space Defense.
- Author(s)William P. Delaney
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication10/07/2015
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitleMIT Lincoln Laboratory Series
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note58 color illus., 43 b&w illus.
- Weight680 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.