All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBecause there have been few attempts to specify precisely what fluency is, Heidi Riggenbach has culled an impressive list of linguistic scholars and researchers representing the disciplines of psycholinguistics, socio-linguistics, and speech communication, for example, to write original papers for Perspectives on Fluency. This volume offers a historical overview of fluency and, in seeking to better define the term, focuses on both native speaker and nnative speaker fluency.Section 1, What Is Fluency? presents papers that all describe fluency, but in different ways.The articles in Section 2, Essential Components of Fluency, consider features or components that contribute to impressions of fluency.Section 3, Cognitive Processes Underlying Fluency, is devoted to an exploration of the psycholinguistic factors underlying fluency.Three studies are presented in Section 4, Empirical Studies on Nonnative Fluency, and they exemplify the range of approaches to characterizing learners as fluent or nfluent in their target language.One objective of Perspectives on Fluency is to provide a starting point for language researchers interested in exploring the concept of fluency, a foundation that, until the arrival of this volume, did t exist. The book can be useful to those approaching fluency from a language assessment perspective, and those interested in the relationship of fluency to oral proficiency.
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2000
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content Notefigs.tabs.
- Weight550 g
- Width153 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byHeidi Riggenbach
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.