All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn tracing the intellectual roots of business leadership over the last one hundred years, award winning author Gilbert W. Fairholm argues that until recently, spirit and soul have been absent from the major models. After outlining the elements of the five major ideas about leadership, he goes on to define and make operational a new focus that must exist in order to truly understand the leaders' role in relation to workers. The study begins with scientific management and traces the evolution of leadership ideas through the quality movement, on to values-, culture-, and trust-based leadership models, and concluding with an emphasis on spirit in the workplace. It suggests that the leader in the twenty-first century will need to embrace a leadership style based on the main premise of each model along with a focus on ethics, community, service, and spirituality.
- Author BiographyGILBERT W. FAIRHOLM is Emeritus Professor, Graduate Program at Virginia Commonwealth University, Adjunct Associate Professor of Leadership at the University of Richmond, and Visiting Professor at Hampden-Sydney College. In addition to his academic appointments, he has over twenty years of management experience in state and local government. His previous award winning books include Capturing the Heart of Leadership (1997) and Leadership and the Culture of Trust (1994) published by Praeger Publishers.
- Author(s)Gilbert W. Fairholm
- Date of Publication30/08/2000
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight451 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.