Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $158.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPersuasion Ethics Today explores persuasive communication in the fields of advertising, promotions, public relations and integrated marketing communication, and is designed for course use in advertising curricula. Ethical questions have become increasingly important in today's media landscape, and issues of regulation, privacy, and convenience are the subjects of heated debate among consumers, industry professional, policy makers, and interest groups. With the explosion of social media, mobile devices, tracking techlogies, and behavioral targeting, the ethical issues about persuasion continue to increase in importance. This book's goal is to offer a broad introduction to the ethical standards, challenges, understanding, and decision-making strategies involved in the practice of persuasion. Persuasion Ethics Today links real world persuasive communication activities to fundamental philosophies of ethics. It also offers tools for students and practitioners to engage with ethical dilemmas in a systematic way, and jumpstart debates about the right ethical choices in an increasingly complex media and social environment.
- Author BiographyMargaret Duffy is Professor and Chair of the Strategic Communication Faculty at the Missouri School of Journalism, University of Missouri, USA. An author, consultant, and award-winning scholar, Duffy's research focuses on visual communication, narrative theory, digital media, news, and persuasion ethics. She is a former marketing executive and serves on the board of the Institute for Advertising Ethics. Esther Thorson is Professor, Associate Dean for Graduate Studies, and Director of Research at the Missouri School of Journalism, University of Missouri, USA. She has published extensively on the news industry, advertising, news effects, and health communication. Her scholarly work has won many research and writing awards and she serves on an extensive list of journal editorial boards.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2015
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 6 black & white halftones, 15 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byEsther Thorson,Margaret Duffy
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.