Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $5.51Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by kj-pine
- Est. delivery by 1 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduction and Notes by Elaine Jordan, Reader in Literature, University of Essex. What does persuasion mean - a firm belief, or the action of persuading someone to think something else? Anne Elliot is one of Austen's quietest heroines, but also one of the strongest and the most open to change. She lives at the time of the Napoleonic wars, a time of accident, adventure, the making of new fortunes and alliances. A woman of importance, she maeuvres in her restricted circumstances as her long-time love Captain Wentworth did in the wars. Even though she is nearly thirty, well past the sell-by bloom of youth, Austen makes her win out for herself and for others like herself, in a regenerated society.
- Author BiographyIntroduction and Notes by Elaine Jordan, Reader in Literature, University of Essex
- PrizesRunner-up for The BBC Big Read Top 100 2003. Shortlisted for BBC Big Read Top 100 2003.
- Author(s)Jane Austen
- PublisherWordsworth Editions Ltd
- Date of Publication05/06/1993
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleWordsworth Classics
- Place of PublicationHerts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWordsworth Editions Ltd
- Weight144 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Series Edited byDr. Keith Carabine
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.