Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionPersuasive Games in Political and Professional Dialogue is about the rediscovery of humans as proficient users of language in the sense that - while involved in a dialogue - they listen, observe, discuss, reason, evaluate and conclude; in other words, speakers are longer interested in defeating the other and proving him/her wrong, but in learning from the other. The volume comprises 12 articles, distributed in two sections - Persuasion in Political Dialogue and Persuasive Strategies in Professional Dialogue - which approach the topic of persuasion as it unfolds from political and professional communication. The articles in the proposed volume depict relevant theoretical and practical issues related to persuasion in two communication sites: politics and workplace, and they are results of consistent research conducted by the contributors in various settings. The contributions provide critical, valuable insights into the dynamic process of creating and maintaining relationships at an individual and at a professional level.
- PublisherJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- Series TitleDialogue Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number26
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Content Note+ index
- Weight600 g
- Edited byMaria-Ionela Neagu,Razvan Saftoiu,Stanca Mada
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.