All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTracing the range of the Andes - the geographical and cultural spine of South America - Peru, Bolivia & Ecuador are born of a synthesis of ancient America and medieval Europe. Footprint's Peru, Bolivia & Ecuador Handbook will guide you from the blinding white salt crusts of Salar de Uyuni, through the awe-inspiring citadel of Machu Picchu, to the bustling colonial treasure trove that is Quito. * Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the region, including following Darwin's footsteps in the Galapagos; spectacular costumed festivals; sacred pyramids and temples; the mystical Lake Titicaca. * Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from where to find the best artesania to seeking jaguars in the rainforest * Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape * Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget * Full-color planning section to inspire travelers and help them find the best experiences From the astounding Colca Canyon to a melee of indigeus markets, Footprint's fully updated 4th edition will help you navigate this breathtaking destination.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised in Ecuador (Quito and Riobamba), Daisy Isacovici's pet peeve is being mistaken for a gringa. Robert Kunstaetter hails from Montreal, where Daisy attended university. Soon after they met in 1979, he suggested travelling in South America for 'a year or so', and they have yet to turn back. Over the years and miles, Robert and Daisy became regular correspondents for Footprint, contributing to the South American Handbook and other Latin American titles. Based back in Ecuador since 1993, they are authors of Footprint's Ecuador & Galapagos Handbook. They also travel frequently to Peru and Bolivia. After all these years, Robert and Daisy still have difficulty distinguishing between work and play.
- Author(s)Daisy Kunstaetter,Robert Kunstaetter
- PublisherFootprint Travel Guides
- Date of Publication27/10/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleFootprint Handbook
- Place of PublicationBath
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFootprint Handbooks
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width115 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.