All listings for this product
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.48Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.52Trending at AU $23.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a unique, critical perspective on the history of Peruvian archaeology by a native scholar. Leading Peruvian archaeologist Henry Tantalean illuminates the cultural legacy of colonialism beginning with founding father Max Uhle and traces key developments to the present. These include the growth of Peruvian institutions; major figures from Tello and Valcarcel to Larco, Rowe, and Murra; war, political upheaval, and Peruvian regimes; developments in archaeological and social science theory as they impacted Andean archaeology; and modern concerns such as heritage, neoliberalism, and privatization. This post-colonial perspective on research and its sociopolitical context is an essential contribution to Andean archaeology and the growing international dialogue on the history of archaeology.
- Author BiographyHenry Tantalean was born, raised and trained in archaeology in Peru. He currently teaches at Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, Lima, Peru and is a Visiting Assistant Professor at the Cotsen Institute of Archaeology at UCLA. Additionally, he is an Associate Researcher at the Instituto Frances de Estudios Andinos in Lima and runs a number of archaeological projects in Peru, including the Chincha Archaeological Project on Peru's southern coast.
- Author(s)Henry Tantalean
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication30/12/2015
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byCharles Stanish
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.