All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOf universal appeal and great beauty, Peruvian featherworking was part of a highly sophisticated textile tradition spanning several thousand years. Although these rare treasures, which include vibrantly colored and detailed garments, headdresses, personal ornaments, and ritual objects, have been admired and collected by conisseurs for decades, this unusual and exquisite art form has t been much investigated or published. Peruvian Featherworks, a magnificently illustrated publication, is the first in-depth and authoritative review of featherworking traditions in Ancient Peru. Written by seven international experts in the textile arts and archaeology, the texts include a discussion of important recent discoveries, considerations of icography, and basic technical characteristics of featherworks. Nearly seventy outstanding pieces are discussed, as well as evidence of feather mosaic on textiles and other media in most major Andean cultures, from the Paracas (about 600-100 B.C.) through the Inca (1470-1534).
- Author BiographyHeidi King is senior research associate in the Department of the Arts of Africa, Oceania, and the Americas at The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Author(s)Heidi King
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication12/10/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleMetropolitan Museum of Art
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note170 colour illustrations
- Weight1379 g
- Width229 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.