Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionKai Nielsen is one of Canada's most distinguished political philosophers. In a career spanning over 40 years, he has published more than 400 papers in political philosophy, ethics, meta-philosophy, and philosophy of religion. He has engaged much of the best work in Anglophone political philosophy, shedding light on many of the central debates and controversies of our time but throughout has remained a unique voice on the political left. Pessimism of the Intellect , Optimism of the Will: The Political Philosophy of Kai Nielsen presents a thoughtful collection of Nielsen's essays complemented by an extended reflective interview with Nielsen. This collection allows the reader to grasp the systematic scope of his thought and methodology.
- Author BiographyDavid Rondel is a Visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Ryerson University. He specializes in social and political philosophy among other areas of research. Alex Sager is an Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Portland State University. He specializes in social and political philosophy among other areas of research. Kai Nielsen, Ph.D. is professor emeritus in the department of philosophy at the University of Calgary and adjunct professor of philosophy at Concordia University.
- PublisherUniversity of Calgary Press
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- Place of PublicationCalgary
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Calgary Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight746 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAlex Sager,David Rondel
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.