All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionPesticides play an important role in controlling pests that carry diseases and threaten crop production. In recent years, however, there has been increased concern about the adverse impacts of pesticides and their degradation products on public health and the environment. A considerable amount of work is being done to develop nchemical methods of pest control, but it is t yet feasible to dispense with the use of chemical pesticides. Pesticides: Evaluation of Environmental Pollution brings together, in a single volume, current kwledge on environmental pollution caused by pesticides. It helps readers evaluate the effects that pesticide residues have in all compartments of the environment. Featuring contributions by eminent scientists from around the world, the book gives an overview of the fate and transport of pesticides and their degradation in the environment. Detailing the sources, concentration, and hazards of residues, it examines their effects in humans, birds and mammals, fish, soil invertebrates, soil microflora, aquatic invertebrates, water, milk products, and more. The book also addresses endocrine-disrupting pesticides and explores biopesticides as alternatives to chemical pesticides. A review of data on the potential hazards of pesticides, this reference will be of interest to readers working in the areas of chemical crop protection and pollution management. It adds a balanced perspective to the debate between those who think that pesticides should be banned and those who consider the continued use of large quantities to be necessary for the survival of humanity. See also Handbook of Pesticides: Methods of Pesticide Residues Analysis (CRC Press, 2009).
- Author BiographyHamir S. Rathore is a Professor in the Department of Applied Chemistry at Aligarh Muslim University, India. Leo M.L. Nollet is a Professor in the Department of Applied Engineering Sciences at University College Ghent, Belgium. For more about Dr. Nollet, visit http://www.leonollet.be.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication16/04/2012
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note111 black & white illustrations, 76 black & white tables
- Weight1315 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byHamir S. Rathore,Leo M. L. Nollet
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.