All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSelected Tips & Photographs From Pet Photography 101 by Andrew Darlow: Tip #1 Should you buy a DSLR, or a high-end Point and Shoot (a.k.a. a compact camera) to photograph your pets and other family members? What about a camera that can do both stills and video? Andrew gives an overview of what's out there and how to find just the right camera (or cameras) for you and your family. He also covers tips for taking better photos with your camera phone/smartphone. Tip #24 Learn how to find inexpensive, yet powerful handheld reflectors around the house, in your local hardware store or at ather retailer, and find out what specific light stands and accessories you can use to hold them in place. Also learn techniques for using the sun as a lightbulb in the sky. Tip #49 Valuable tips for getting your pets to stand still so that you can get great photographs of them (this is the pet photography question Andrew is most frequently asked!). Other suggestions in this tip include ways to get your pets moving around in interesting ways for better still photos or video clips. Tip #83 This tip covers an important yet often overlooked topic-organizing your photos. Andrew introduces the process and links to an online step-by-step tutorial with downloadable folders for keeping your images organized (whether you use Mac or Windows). Tip #99 This tip covers the reasons why continuous-tone photo prints from a photo lab or retail store are a great option. It also includes additional resources, including a link to a 4 x 6-inch calibration file on the companion site to help make sure you are getting proper color, density and sharpness. The book's companion site: www.PhotoPetTips.com, contains additional links, tips and information as well as free excerpts-including all of Chapter 2 as a free downloadable PDF.
- Author BiographyAndrew Darlow is a photographer, author and digital imaging consultant. His editorial and fine-art work have been featured in numerous magazines, including Photo District News, PDN Gear Guide, Popular Photography, Professional Photographer and Rangefinder magazine. His work has been widely exhibited and his prints are held in many private collections. Andrew's love of cats and dogs began at a very young age, and his photographs of canines and felines have played an important role in his career. His pet photography has been featured in numerous publications, including Animal Fair magazine and The AKC Gazette, the official publication of the American Kennel Club. Darlow has photographed a wide variety of people and their pets in both formal and informal situations. He has donated his photography services to a number of causes, including the Susan G. Komen Foundation, The Seeing Eye (Guide Dog Training Institute), and the garden tour for Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons (a no-kill shelter for dogs and cats). He has lectured and conducted seminars and workshops around the world at conferences, and for photography organizations and schools, including the Arles Photo Festival, School of Visual Arts, Columbia University, and the International Center of Photography (ICP) in New York.
- Author(s)Andrew Darlow
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/10/2009
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.