All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe adventures of Pete the Bushman, a wild West-coaster from Pukekura, New Zealand's answer to Crocodile Dundee and a man who owns his own town. This book about a true New Zealand bushman, of a life lived against the grain, of adventure in New Zealand's thickest wilderness and a lifestyle any Kiwi bloke would envy. Pete the Bushman has lived a life inseparable from the bush - these are his stories of running down deer on foot, heli-hunting in his own chopper, finding the perfect woman and eking out a living from the bush. He and his wife Justine run the Bushman's Centre, 35 mins south of Hokitika, established in 1991 as a place to show visitors how local people use the South Island forest. Pete's caf and the Puke Pub (opposite the centre) is famous for wild food, particularly possum, offering snacks like possum jerky, possum pie and possum p t . They won one of the Monteith's Wild Food Challenge, with 'Chicken of the Forest', 'a baked, spiced possum on a bed of fresh vegetables with a touch of wild bush mint sauce'. Also kwn as 'Possum Pete', the Bushman is one of the eccentric and colourful characters featured on TVNZ's 'This Town'.
- Author BiographyPete Salter (aka Pete the Bushman) moved to Pukekura, an old sawmilling town surrounded by native forest, not to get away from people, but rather to get away from people telling him how to live his life. He's lived there for 35 years. He and his wife Justine now own the whole town, including the tavern, which dates back to 1878. They got married in wedding outfits made of possum on top of a peak in the Southern Alps.
- Author(s)Peter Salter
- PublisherRandom House New Zealand Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2014
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- First Published2014
- ImprintRandom House New Zealand Ltd
- Weight326 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.