All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPete the Popcorn is a corny story about popping up! Pete is a little popcorn kernel struggling with growing up, like all kernels his age. He wants to stand out from the other kids, but doesn't kw how. And he's worried that he might t get popped! His best friend Patty, along with a school lesson from Professor Popcorn at Popcorn Prep, teach Pete that he can and will pop up to be exactly what he is supposed to be. This colorfully illustrated book is PERFECT for children in grades Kindergarten through 3rd! Pete the Popcorn has been hailed by teachers and parents nationwide as an anti-bullying book that stresses encouragement. Look for Pete's authors at schools and gourmet popcorn shops all over the country--- so you can get your book signed!
- Author BiographyNick Rokicki is quickly becoming a beloved name in the world of books for children. His first book, Pete the Popcorn, was released to rave reviews on February 29th, 2012. Why Leap Day? According to Nick, this country needs to take a huge leap forward when it comes to bullying in our schools. Pete the Popcorn carries a message of children offering encouragement to each other on a daily basis. We believe that the answer to bullying is encouragement--- and this will start with the youngest of children. Nick has visited with over 100,000 children in 25 states, holding motivational assemblies centered around his book titles. Nick Rokicki is a proud product of public schools, having attended Washington Local Schools in Toledo, Ohio. After graduating from high school, he attended Specs Howard School of Media Arts in Southfield, Michigan, where he focused on communications. After completing this education, Rokicki worked at various television and radio stations throughout the midwest before spending nine years traveling the World and gaining inspiration for his collection of stories. Currently, I'm very excited about the release of my newest book, First Photo of The Royal Baby. Having traveled the World, there is one thing that I've learned: a simple smile transcends all language. We are hoping to harness the worldwide excitement about the real royal baby in order to teach children very important lessons about kindness, Rokicki said. Other titles in his collection include Clipper the Comet, which celebrates the American autoworker and family traditions. Casey and Callie Cupcake is a Frosted Fable About Being Fantastic Just the Way You Are. The story teaches kids to accept themselves and their friends for who they are on the inside--- and the story takes place inside of a real bakery, Cake in a Cup, a winner of Food Network's Cupcake Wars. Upcoming projects include middle-grade reader I'm Right Rita, the fantastical Ideaparnockolis and highly-anticipated storybook Gilbert the Grasshopper. Learn more about Nick Rokicki at www.PeteThePopcorn.com
- Author(s)MR Joseph Kelley,MR Nick Rokicki
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width211 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)MS Kathleen Smith Waters
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.