All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeter Liechti (1951-2014) was a Swiss film author and director, cinematographer, and producer. Many of his more than 100 documentaries, music and experimental films have been shown at international festivals. His last and unfinished project Dedications he began when he already suffered from his terminal illness. Originally intended to become a trilogy dedicated to the Swiss writer Robert Walser (1878-1956), the Dutch painter Vincent van Gogh (1853-1880), and to the unkwn Sudanese Chief , the progress of his illness made him to alter his concept to a very personal review and reflection on his life's most significant personal and artistic impressions and moments. Liechti's widow and working partner Jolanda Gsponer, together with a group of his former collaborators, has assembled all the material of Dedications in three parts to preserve it and make the work visible. Part one is a filmed reading by Liechti from the diary he kept during his stays at the hospital and which was intended to be the film's underlying text. Part two is an audio-visual installation of the raw material for Dedications.Part three is this book, a self-contained publication of Liechti's entire diary, illustrated with some 100 video stills with captions, and including a DVD with the film's unedited 15 opening minutes.
- Author BiographyJolanda Gsponer is a consultant for experimental and film music. For many years, she was the companion and working partner of the Swiss filmmaker, director, and cinematographer Peter Liechti.
- PublisherScheidegger und Spiess AG, Verlag
- Date of Publication30/03/2016
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationZurich
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintScheidegger und Spiess AG, Verlag
- Content Note165 colour
- Weight454 g
- Width170 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJolanda Gsponer
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD-ROM
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.