CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionPassing up the opportunity to join Manchester United and a host of other clubs, Lorimer plumped instead for Leeds. In September 1962, he made his debut aged 15 years and 289 days. His first spell with the club lasted until 1979 and he then returned for a second period between1983 and '86. He remains the only Leeds player to have scored over 200 goals and he won 21 caps for Scotland. The highlight of hisinternational career was the 1974 World Cup in West Germany, although his country was eliminated despite t having lost a single game.Travelling throughout Europe with Leeds at the height of their success, Lorimer witnessed bribery and corruption as well as glory and failure.Telling his story with humour, warmth and t a little controversy, this revised and updated edition includes Lorimer's take on the club's recent high-profile financial woes.
- Author BiographyPeter Lorimer became a member of the board of directors at Leeds United and is involved with the commercial side of the club. He contributes to match day commentaries for BBC Radio 5 Live and BBC Radio Leeds, with whom he has a Saturday programme, Yorkshire Sport with Peter Lorimer. He writes a weekly column for the Yorkshire Evening Post and is organiser of the ex-players' association. Phil Rostron has enjoyed a successful career in journalism and television. He spent 18 years in Fleet Street and is currently sports editor of the Yorkshire Evening Post.
- Author(s)Peter Lorimer,Phil Rostron
- PublisherMainstream Publishing
- Date of Publication04/08/2005
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMainstream Publishing
- Content Note8pp colour and b&w illustrations
- Weight119 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.